Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Budgeting Utilities (mandatory) (15 points)

Part of our budget that we've been creating for the past month is maintaining your utilities. Each facility needs electricity, natural gas, and water services. You need to determine your budget for each of those, and the methodology will be proportional to what I (Mr. Letter) pay for each based on my square footage of my house.
I have a 2900 square foot home, pay $85/month for electricity, $65/month for natural gas, and $105/month for water. These values are consistent. Using proportions, you need to 'budget' how much you should spend for utilities in your place. You'll need to know the square footage of your apartment/house in order to successfully complete this.
1) Determine your square footage
2) Mathematically solve for what you should allot for each of the 3 utilities based on what I pay.
3) Enter those values in your actual budget sheet we've been constructing.
4) Show me

This task is considered complete when I have physically seen that you've done it and responded with "okay" in some fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment